Friday, March 3, 2017

                                                         Reader Response

       I started my search on Goodreads, to see the reviews of the essay Josiah Henson. There was a lot of good information as well as a lot of useless information that didn't apply with the essay. Most of the reviewers were discussing the connection between Uncle Tom's Cabin and the essay of Josiah Henson. Most of the responses had said Josiah Henson's essay was "well written". There was a few comments where people thought "after reading Uncle Tom's Cabin, and then reading Josiah Henson, that it was amazing". A few others said "they were happy to read the essay, and they were glad to read Josiah Henson before they went on to read Uncle Tom's Cabin".
     The next site I went to look for reviews was Barnes and Noble. Surprisingly, there were little to no reviews on this essay. The few people that did leave a note about the essay said that "they highly recommend this book to everyone". The others said it "clearly demonstrates, that some men and women are not good people" and that "slavery is wrong". I agree with there comments, and from the information in Josiah Henson's essay I see why they would say that "some me and women are not good people". Because it is true in this world.
     The last site I went to was Amazon. Again, there was only a few reviews. One person said "they had there twelve year old son read Josiah Henson's essay as a prep for Uncle Tom's Cabin, I think it did it's job". Another said "it was a good book, and has some interesting items to it". I agree with all the comments that were made on every site I went to. I felt Josiah Henson's essay had a connection to Uncle Tom's Cabin as soon as I finished reading it. With all the additional comments, things similar to mine, it made the connection a lot stronger. Both characters, Josiah and Uncle Tom had experienced similar things in there life and in there books.

No comments:

Post a Comment